Calling outdoorsy people! With the season changing, Bexley’s arboretum is an enchanting sight. Take advantage of the beautiful autumn weather with these activities:
- Visit Jeffrey Mansion: This historic mansion was built in 1941 and now serves as a community center and event space. The mansion sits on 34 acres of parkland, making it a great place to take a walk or have a picnic. There are also tennis courts, a playground, and nature paths.
- Explore the Main Street District: Bexley’s main street district is a charming area full of local shops, restaurants, and cafes. You can browse the boutiques and antique stores, grab a coffee or pastry at a bakery, or enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants.
- Tour Capital University: Capital University is a private liberal arts university located in Bexley. The campus is beautiful and features several historic buildings, including the Conservatory of Music and Mees Hall. Take a self-guided tour or attend an event on campus.
- Walk or Bike the Alum Creek Trail: The Alum Creek Trail is a 22-mile paved trail that runs through Bexley and the surrounding area. It’s a great place to go for a walk, jog, or bike ride and offers beautiful views of the Alum Creek Reservoir.
- Visit the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens: While not located in Bexley proper, the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is just a short drive away. The conservatory features several indoor biomes with plants from around the world, while the outdoor gardens feature several different themed areas.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Bexley, Ohio. Whether you’re looking for outdoor recreation, cultural attractions, or local flavor, you’ll find plenty to explore in our neighborhood.