Bexley is a great central location for day trips to a variety of fun destinations. Here are some ideas for day trips from the Columbus area:
- Hocking Hills State Park: Located about an hour southeast of Columbus, Hocking Hills is a beautiful state park with hiking trails, waterfalls, and stunning rock formations.
- Amish Country: Head east to the quaint towns of Millersburg and Berlin to experience the Amish way of life, enjoy delicious Amish food, and browse local shops and markets.
- Cedar Point: The roller coaster capital of the world is located about two and a half hours north of Columbus. Spend a day riding some of the most thrilling roller coasters and attractions in the world.
- Cincinnati: Head southwest to Cincinnati for a day of exploring the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, or catching a Reds baseball game.
- Lake Erie Islands: Take a ferry from Sandusky, about two hours north of Columbus, to explore the scenic and charming Lake Erie Islands, including Put-in-Bay and Kelley’s Island.
- Dayton: About an hour west of Columbus, Dayton is home to the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the Dayton Art Institute, and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park.
- Cleveland: Located about two hours northeast of Columbus, Cleveland is a great destination for a day trip, with attractions like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Cleveland Museum of Art, and the West Side Market.
- The Wilds: Located about an hour and a half east of Columbus, the Wilds is a 10,000-acre conservation center where you can go on safari-like tours and see rare and endangered animals.
These are just a few of the many day trip options from Bexley, Ohio. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, cultural attractions, or just a change of scenery, there’s plenty to explore within a few hours’ drive. Let us know your favorite Ohio destinations in the comments!